Sublime Forum

License purchase popup still showing after buying license

I have bought the license today and I still get the pop up telling me to buy the license.

How can I stop this from happening?

I have sublime text 3 build 3059

-artur palha

0 Likes

If you find out tell me! I already put a post for this and it was deleted without any response. I am running CentOS with the same issue.

0 Likes

Did you register your license in Sublime Text app? I think it’s in the Help menu then Registrer license.

0 Likes

Of course I did. I also deleted and reinstalled. Entered key again. It was accepted. The problem won’t go away.

:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

0 Likes

I have found the problem. I installed Sublime SFTP which also generates a pop up saying enter license. I will send an email to WBond to tell him to put a description in the popup next time so that users know what is going on!

0 Likes

Sublime SFTP specifically identifies itself as such as the only text on the first two lines of the license popup.

0 Likes

I am having this issue on Arch Linux and SublimeText 3 Build 3083. Did anyone found a way around it?

0 Likes

Was there ever a fix for this made. I bought Sublime mainly obviously so I wouldn’t get the pop up, I have SFTP also installed and it still pops up even though I have bought the program?

0 Likes

@pgfracing There isn’t a fix to be made – the SFTP package is an distinct piece of software sold by a separate company (in a different country), and thus sold separately.

0 Likes

I also have the lic prompt for smerge loop. I uninstalled as I don’t have time to eval beta software. When I installed again same thing.

Ubuntu/Linux with sublime-text installed.

0 Likes

Most likely you have one of the dev repositories set up on your machine? That had the side effect of giving you both the dev builds of Sublime Text and Sublime Merge, both of which required a license.

As of build 1060, we are allowing all users to evaluate the dev builds of Sublime Merge. This will change in the future, but will address the issue, for now, of license prompts for users who are running a dev build of Sublime Text. It also allows users to get access to the latest fixes and changes without waiting for a stable build.

0 Likes

It probably would have been better to include both the stable and dev versions of ST and SM in the same repository for many/most distros but with different package names, assuming the package manager supports recognizing package conflicts.

This can still be done in a backwards compatible way, by the way.

0 Likes

Still not fixed!!??
I bought a license (and yes, I installed it), but I’m still prompted to buy a license.

I find this very annoying.

Please help here

0 Likes

Post a screenshot of the popup?

0 Likes

0 Likes

I hope this helps!

0 Likes

That’s the license popup for WIll’s SFTP package, not Sublime Text. Do you own a license for The SFTP package?

1 Like

No, I just bought the license for Sublime Text. How do I buy this license? (and what dos it cost?)
I found the info by clicking on the “Buy now”-button, so I will buy this. Sorry for the inconveniance.

Btw. do I also need a license for the HTML-CSS-JS Prettify package?

Thanks for the help. It’s appreciated!

0 Likes

If you visit the URL that is showing in the popup, you can click on the buy button to purchase the package. The price is currently $30 USD per user. The email you get will contain your license key and instructions on where to put it to tell the package that it’s licensed.

Note that we’re presuming here that you’re finding the SFTP package of use; if you don’t actually use or like it, you don’t need to purchase a license, you could just uninstall it instead to make the popup go away.

0 Likes

Not that I’m aware of (though they might welcome donations or such). Generally speaking, if you look up a package on the Package Control website, the page will have a buy link on the left to direct you to where to go to purchase that particular package.

How that happens is outside the purview of Sublime or Package Control; you’re purchasing the package from it’s author.

0 Likes