Sublime Forum

ST3 Defaults all JS to Python3 Syntax

Not sure what is intermittently generating this bug, however, I do have my suspicions. Nevertheless, my issue is that whenever I either open and/or create a JavaScript file, Sublime Text 3 defaults the Python3 syntax instead of JavaScript!? I had installed several plugins and tools to adapt ST3 as my primary Python IDE, however, I am currently unable to identify and/or pin-point where exactly this issue is deriving from. Although this has been a long standing issue (approximately 4 months going), it is beginning to become rather troublesome seeing as though I have to set ST3’s syntax to JavaScript everytime I want to work within (or create) a JS file.

Albeit, I am more than sure that one of the Python packages (or plugins) that I installed is generating this issue, I am not versed enough in Python (let alone Python plugins for ST) to rectify this issue. In addition, I am not encountering syntax issues with any other language (i.e., HTML, CSS, PHP, Java, C#, LESS, or SASS), only JavaScript including (naturally) JavaScript libraries such as Jquery, AngularJS, etc… Any help concerning this matter would surely be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- Cheers
0 Likes