Sublime Forum

Multiple Cursors Issue with Keyboard

I have recently been unable to create Multiple Cursors using the Keyboard (Ctrl + Alt + Up/Down). I’m running Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium and on the latest build of ST (3059).

It’s come out of the blue, I have not installed or manually upgraded any packages for a good 6 months or so…

I can however Ctrl + Click to create multiple cursors, but still no up/down keys…

I have tried Reverting to a Freshly Installed State (sublimetext.com/docs/3/revert.html) but still to no avail…

Any ideas?
Many thanks

0 Likes

Try activating the log:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15658&p=59035&hilit=log+commands#p59032

edit: A sticky topic on how to debug problem with keybindings would be great, admins ?

0 Likes

Hi bizoo,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I enabled the log, and it picks up all other key commands except for (Ctrl + Alt + Up/Down). Not sure what is going on or why it’s not recognising anymore?

I also installed and ran FindKeyConflicts (from the same post) but found no conflicts for this specific command (Ctrl + Alt + Up/Down).
There were quite a few other conflicts, mostly from Emmet, but they all seem to work ok.

I should point out also that at similar time my SidebarEnhancements plugin had vanished, I have since removed that plugin and reinstalled and it’s back to normal again. Whether these issues are linked I’m not sure, but the timing might indicate as such…

Ps. I have also tried a Keyboard Test tool for Windows, which showed the keys are being recognised by Windows. Just to rule that one out…

0 Likes

You can try:

sublime.log_input(True)

to check if ST “see” your keystroke, if not, they are very likely “swallowed” by OS or some other software.

0 Likes

It looks like ST is not seeing it anymore… no log for it.
Like you say, I’ll have a look at the OS / other software…
Thanks

0 Likes

Problem solved.

I used msconfig.exe following this article (support.apple.com/kb/HT2292) and through process of elimination it turned out to be the Intel HD Graphics Driver. It had what they called ‘HotKeys’ to rotate the screen but despite these keys being ‘Disabled’ they still got in the way… Turning off this service on gave me back my multiple cursors!! :smile:

Thanks for the help bizoo

0 Likes