Sublime Forum

SL - Ubuntu 14.04 (Radeon 8650) - Very slow performance

Hi,

Ive been using Sublime for a several years now and its been fine till couple of days back when I upgraded to Ubuntu 14.04 on a AMD APU A10 machine. I was using 12.04 on a Core i3 processor till then.

My Configuration is:
AMD APU 10 - AMD Radeon HD 8650G 2.5 GB Dual Graphics.
8 GB of Ram and 1TB HDD.

I use my latop’s display which is 1366x768 and a monitor which is 1920x1080. Everything worked fine with the old laptop,
but in the new one, when I drag and select text the latency is incredibly too much. The scrolling of 500 line files is also very sluggish and I am not able to experience smoothness I am used to with Sublime.

I have the proprietary Catalyst driver - fblrx v14.10 which seems to be the latest one.

I am having a major productivity loss. Can anyone help me out here?

Btw, I tried fgl_glxgears and the fps is ~ 800 on the laptop screen and 400 on the larger screen.

Thanks!! :smile:

0 Likes

I had a similar problem when i got a new monitor. It turned out to be 3d support. My monitor had supported stereoscopic 3d and that TANKED ST for me. I think that error might have been fixed but it might be worth while to disable that as a global setting on your computer. For windows it was a simple check box labeled “Enabled Stereoscopic 3D settings for all supported displays”.

Other problems which cause this that i tried, virus firewalls scanning ST, network mapped drives with locking conflicts. neither effected me so good luck to you if you have those.

o also people had success disabling indexing in ST settings.

0 Likes