Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Sublime Text 3 hangs on wake after sleep

Sublime Text 3 hangs on wake after sleep

Postby varunksaini on Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:40 pm

My Sublime Text 3 hangs every time I lock my machine or it goes to sleep. Top level bar works, I can minimize etc but I can't click in actual workspace and I have to close the window and open it again to start working.
varunksaini

Re: Sublime Text 3 hangs on wake after sleep

Postby frankvdp on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:45 am

Bump!

Same here, cannot find any other references to this problem ...
frankvdp

Postby iamntz on Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:32 am

Two dudes with the same issue doesn't considered important to specify stuff like:

- operating system (and version);
- ST build number;
- either if they tried to restore to a freshly state http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/revert.html

But it's ok, bump it again next year!
iamntz

Postby frankvdp on Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:57 am

@iamntz Yes, that's the spirit! Just burn guys asking a question, offer no help or solution, but refer to reinstall procedure. You must be working on a Windows machine.

Anyhow, I work on a OSX 10.9.5 machine with ST3 build 3065. Aha, so *now* you know ...

Anywho, in addition to the description given by varunksaini, strange thing is, anything done while frozen *is* actually done. So closing ST and restarting brings up all screens the way they were, including operations performed while seeming frozen.
frankvdp

Postby iamntz on Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:14 am

but refer to reinstall procedure.

Not really, but this way you can pinpoint somehow the problem: the editor itself, some crazy package, something wrong with your OS and so on.
Aha, so *now* you know

Yeah, we know that YOU are on a mac, but how about varunksaini? He's also on osx? If yes, what version? Does he have some common packages with you?

Not sure what you'd expect when you ask such a generic question...
iamntz

Postby frankvdp on Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:44 am

iamntz wrote:Not really, but this way you can pinpoint somehow the problem: the editor itself, some crazy package, something wrong with your OS and so on.

Yeah, really? What if do a clean install, problems doesn't occur anymore. How does that help finding the bug. Probably won't even post it here.
frankvdp

Postby iamntz on Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:49 am

Yeah, really? What if do a clean install, problems doesn't occur anymore. How does that help finding the bug. Probably won't even post it here.

If you do a clean install and things are ok, then clearly it's a package issue.

You start adding packages one by one and see who's the badass. Divide et impera 101.

When you do a revert you don't need to remove the folder, but merely rename it or copy to another location.
iamntz

Return to Technical Support