Sublime Forum

Determining operations to sync remote path for ever

I’m using Sublime Text 2 SFTP to connect to EC2 instance path and I’m trying to sync Remote -> Local.
Connection is success and Remote Folder Validation is success.
Then comes the “Determining operations to sync remote path” and it keeps counting dots for ever.
I suspect it has something to do with the user’s permissions but I’m not sure about it. The directory’s permissions (recursively) is 700.
Has anyone encountered this issue?

Thanks.

0 Likes

i have the same problem , any fix guys?

0 Likes

I got the same problem.
You guys found a fix for this?

0 Likes

I got it to work it seems… just let it stay for like 5 minutes.
It just need a lot of time “processing” something, it will eventually start to download - probably a few seconds after you decided to close it down anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

No change in v3 apparently. Can’t help but wonder what the conversation is between sftp and the server (AWS). =Op

0 Likes

You can see what is going on by turning on the debug setting: https://wbond.net/sublime_packages/sftp/support#Generating_a_Debug_Log

0 Likes

Thanks! I realize now it was probably the number of files involved – node_modules being the main culprit. Minus those, and the app works fine (I really appreciate the watch facility).

0 Likes

This post is old but still available in search engine without solution. So I thought I would share my experience here. I was facing the some issue. It can be resolved if download the whole website from C-panel and save in the directory you want to map and then use the Sync Both Directories option instead of using Sync Remote -> Local. Hope this will work. If anyone has other solution please share.

Thanks

0 Likes

Had the same issue, and resolved it.

It could be as easy as put in the wrong remote_path. As soon as I fixed it, it went through in a couple of seconds. You might want to double check that as well.

Note: since many replies so far indicate different scenarios/solutions, I think this really is a general text indicates “something” is wrong, but not obvious.

0 Likes