Sublime Forum

Window Close Behaviour

In Sublime Text 2, the behaviour when closing windows/tabs when in a project was that the close command (osx cmd+w, windows ctrl+w) would close the active tab, then close the project/window when no more tabs were active. There is a cmd+shift+w shortcut for closing the project.

Sublime Text 3 changed that behaviour so that if a project window was open, closing it using the close command would close the active tab, but leave the window open if there were no tabs open.

Personally, this was my preferred behaviour, for a host of reasons.

With the latest update this weekend (build #3065), the behaviour appears to have been reverted to the sublime text 2 behaviour.

is there any way (through a config option, or perhaps different keybinding) that i can get the original ST3 behaviour back?

thanks,

s

1 Like

I, too, would like to revert.

I start work on a project/feature by doing subl . from the command line. I work on multiple files in multiple tabs. When I’m done, with the feature and committed it, I like to do cmd+w cmd+w cmd+w cmd+w cmd+w... to close all the tabs, and it used to just leave an empty project to start my next feature, but now after the last tab is closed, it closes the whole window.

1 Like

Although, I guess I can get used to this tip: stackoverflow.com/questions/1356 … ime-text-2 to just close all the tabs in one go.

1 Like

Me too.
Dont know why they did that.

Thats terrible for me

1 Like

agreed, this is awful, is there a way to revert it from config?

1 Like

Please allow the previous behaviour via config, I keep closing my window when I’m not paying attention properly :smile:

1 Like

Yeah, me too want to revert to the old behavior.

1 Like

Same here, please bring this back (with an option).

I like to close all my files with holding cmd-w, but I don’t want the window to close at the end.

1 Like

There’s already a solution for it: https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/dont-close-the-application-on-ctrl-w/5356/1

1 Like

that fix doesn’t work on the latest sublime 3.
close file behaves in the same way as close: the window gets closed even if there is no file open

1 Like

Hey.

On latest OSX Maverick, I ran build 3065.
I noticed that behaviour, e.g. ST would close when closing the last tab.

I checked the default settings, and noticed this:
{

// Set to true to close windows as soon as the last file is closed, unless
// there’s a folder open within the window. This is always enabled on OS X,
// changing it here won’t modify the behavior.
“close_windows_when_empty”: false,

}

I copied/pasted that setting in my user settings file, and it works now.
Tell me if that works for you.

1 Like