Sublime Forum

Disable open folder feature

Hi,

I’m using sublime3 on mac.
There is a feature, which I really hate: open a folder in a new window. How can I disable this? I don’t want this feature; I want it disabled entirely!

When I want to open a file in a parallel directory and my default view of the “open finder” is on “details” ( <> not folder structure) and in this, when I double-click on a folder it opens in a new window. This really sucks!
In former versions this happened only, when I’ve selected a folder by cursor-movement and hit the >> enter <<. Which was painful too, but at least I had the workaround about the 2xclick. But now the only way is to change the “view” in finder. What is not feasible, because it takes too long!

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

In the Sublime3 menu, under View–>Sidebar, there is a “Hide Open Files” option. What really sucks about that is that having open files on my sidebar never affects the performance of Sublime and SO, why would i want to “Hide Open Files”?

On the other hand, having open folders on the Sidebar, if those folders are large, can cause my Sublime to slow to a crawl. So, why , for the love of God, would there not be an option to “Hide Open Folders” in that menu?

I don’t get what the devs were thinking here. I really need to disable the Folders in my sidebar for the following reasons:

1. During usage of Sublime, sometimes i end up having folders show up in my sidebar that slow the performance of the app. Unless I am babysitting this all the time, it affects my work, until i manually remove the folder. THats why i would like to disable it so that folders dont accidentally get in the sidebar.
  2. I use the “Open Files” feature all the time but what I wish the sidebar would do is have an option to show “Recent File History”. Now THAT would be really useful. I can already see open files in the tabs, but if the sidebar could show history, that would be “additional” information.

-Jon

0 Likes