Sublime Forum

How do you add a secondary custom dictionary file? en_US.usr

When switching from Notepad++ and similar competitor programs, how do we set Sublime Text to read an additional (secondary) standard Hunspell custom dictionary file en_US.usr?

If this is not a feature, please consider how important this is for new users considering switching to Sublime Text. It is important for multi OS, multi-platform compatibility of Sublime Text.
Sublime Text should be able to** keep its default dictionary but also **be instructed to read a standard en_US.usr file stored a a custom location where it is also read by other programs, all of which have the ability to add custom words to the one en_US.usr custom dictionary file used by all.

Also:
Do you have a plugin of some sort to insert Background Color values in form of Hue/Sat/Lum / R/G/B and select Fonts from a list and Font sizes?
Do you have a plugin of some sort to insert custom toolbar icons so we can have simple often used icons for Save | Copy Paste Cut | Undo | Find/Replace ?
Please consider offering mouse+scroll zoom disable in menu instead of through code.

Please consider option to use system’s Windows scroll bar width, or a menu option to change it, rather than through code, what is the code to change the tiny scroll bar width?

0 Likes

Hello, I joined the forum in order to reply to this and from the date you joined and posted, it looks like you did the same. :smile:

This is an essential feature and I’m very surprised ST doesn’t have it. I would like to use ST to write LaTeX files and I use lots of technical terminology that isn’t in any standard dictionary. I’m new to ST and I’m not sure how much effort it would take to implement this myself, or if it’s even possible…

Question to Sublime Text staff: Is this feature planned for the near future? Please say yes!

Kind Regards,
Elahn

0 Likes