Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 2.0.2 Unportability from 1 computer to another

Sublime Text 2.0.2 keeps coming up with “UNREGISTERED” in the upper Right menu bar,even though I paid USD$70 about 2 weeks ago through PayPal. It is true that I am not using my home computer,A MacBook 3.1 with OS 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. Now ,shouldn’t Sublime text work when Downloaded to a new MacIntosh computer in a computer lab,equipped with Mac OS 10.9.4? I am FRUSTRATED with this continued problem of portability! I am so fed up that I will use TextEdit 1.9 on the MacIntosh in the computer Lab today,at least,although primitive compared with Sublime Text 2.0.2 really works! :cry:

0 Likes

You should have gotten a registration key when you bought it. You need to register the software, using that key, on every computer where you’re using it. The downloaded software doesn’t know about your registration; it’s the same download for everyone, which is why it says it’s unregistered.

0 Likes

With all due respect to “pete340” I used a password and user name to get to this “Forum”. Why can’t I use this or another secure UN/Password Combination to access the License Key (I did obtain one at the time of purchase)? This Text Editor seems a bit unwieldy. Where do you enter the License Key from the Downloaded Sublime Text 2.0.2 at a different computer? And,just for the record,is it cross-platform with Windows 7? I know that Sublime Text is still under development,there are bound to be foul-ups in the User Interface. However,today I used Sublime Text 2.0.2 (still “UNREGISTERED”) to work on a CSS page and an HTML page,and it worked beautifully! I still DO NOT know all of the features,but that can only come with more experience.

0 Likes

See this thread about putting your license key on dropbox for a portable install to share from multiple computers:

You can retrieve your license key via email using this web form: sublimetext.com/retrieve

Also, I’m not sure if permanently installing Sublime to a shared lab computer is in keeping with the license.

0 Likes