Sublime Forum

Auto match quotes broke for me, can someone help?

I’ve been using the Sublime text 3 beta (build 3065) for the past two weeks and love the way the editor works.
What I like especially is the way it handles things like auto matching braces, brackets, curly braces, double quotes and single quotes by matching the closing character and placing the cursor in the middle of them.

Today I started experiencing strange behaviour:
Auto matching still works for me with braces, brackets and curly braces, but stopped working for single and double quotes…
It actually still works, but I can’t see the quotes when i press the quote key, only when i start typing a string of text do the quotes appear around it (so now it works like it does in programs like MS Word).
This is really hindering my typing speed because i keep expecting the quotes to show up when i press the quote key once.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Did I press some quote-auto-match toggle hotkey or something?

I do not have any user specific settings/hotkeys apart from font size and color scheme.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Laurens

EDIT
Just uninstalling and reinstalling the program did not work,
Uninstalling, deleting the sublime users settings in the Windows AppData folder (both Local and Roaming) and then reinstalling also did not work,
FINALLY! Uninstalling, deleting user settings in AppData folder, rebooting my computer and then reinstalling WORKED.
It seems something in the settings got messed up somehow, and was stored in some cached data so just reinstalling didn’t work.

Reinstalling isn’t the best way to resolve a problem like this, so I’m still curious what caused this?

0 Likes