Sublime Forum

Can't open Sublime Text 2

Hi. After using Sublime Text 2 for over a year with no problem, I just started getting this error when attempting to launch:

[quote]Sublime Text 2 cannot be opened because of a problem.

Check with the developer to make sure Sublime Text 2 works with this version of OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and OS X.[/quote]

I’ve tried removing the application and the Sublime folder in ~/Library/Application Support, then reinstalling, but I get the same error. The only thing that has changed on my system is I had to remove and reinstall Python. I’m guessing this has something to do with moving Python, but I have no idea how to fix it. Any ideas?

0 Likes

Hi Is there any resolution of this ?

Struggling !!.. Can someone please help?
My sublime used to work fine and for some reason I have to uninstall my MacOS builtin system python. I have reinstalled python (through brew) now and it works now. But sublime does not come up now.

When I try to launch it says “Sublime Text 2 cannot be opened because of a problem.”

I have read somewhere that I need to create a python symlink? Where actually ? Any clues would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes