Sublime Forum

[SOLVED] Font not working

Hi,

I’m using ST3 both on Windows (8.1) and OSX (Mavericks). I recenttl discovered the Input Mono font (http://input.fontbureau.com/) and decided to make it my default in ST. So I edited the user settings file and added the line :

"font_face": "Input Mono",

No worries on OS X, but on Windows, it falls back to the default font (something like “sans”) as if the Input Mono font wasn’t found. Besides the Input Mono font is correctly installed (works fine on other softwares) and I can change the font in ST3 to other fonts.

Any ideas why, and how to fix this?

Thanks.

0 Likes

JSON uses colons not equal signs:

"font_face": "Input Mono",

If it wasn’t just a typo here, you may find that you need to specify the font differently in Windows than OSX. E.g., without the space between “Input” and “Mono” or something of that kind. If you find that this is the case, you can manage the switch with OS-specific syntax files. (I can explain this more if need be – it’s not as obvious as it looks.)

Edit: typo

0 Likes

Well the equal sign was indeed a typo (fixed in the OP).

And you’re right, the font spells diffreenty on OS X and Windows (no space between words in Windows) so I’m interested in your explanation with OS-specific config files.

Thanks.

0 Likes

You can create OS-specific Preference files like so:
github.com/alehandrof/sublime-s … /master/OS

Unfortunately, and for no good reason I can think of, OS-specific settings aren’t read when in the User folder.

The solution I use is to create an OS folder in Packages/User (as in the link above) and then symlink to it from Packages/OS. This allows you to sync your settings via Dropbox, GitHub, etc. and is adequate for me.

I figured this out awhile ago, and there may be more elegant solutions published by now.

@facelessuser created a plugin that allows you to use different settings (not just Preferences) across operating systems. AFAIK it has never been released. You can extricate it from his settings repo, though: github.com/facelessuser/sublime-settings

Hope this helps,
Alex

0 Likes

Thanks a lot, that’s what I needed!

0 Likes