Sublime Forum

Build 3065: Horrendous file truncation and NUL characters

Since updating to 3065 on Yosemite (OS X 10.10), I have been having horrendous file losses with major insertions of NUL characters leading to file truncation.

This just started and I’ve never seen it before after using Sublime for years.

1> Anyone else experiencing this?

2> How to I downgrade?

Thanks,

S

0 Likes

I was also getting .fuse_xxxxxxx files with 3065 which I’ve never seen before either.

Upgraded to 3066 (dev build) and those .fuse_* files went away immediately, the very first time I opened the directory in 3066.

This is on a DropBox drive and, as I said, I’ve never seen the .fuse_* files before.

Something’s up with 3065 -> DropBox that is not there in 3066.

Hope this saves someone else some trouble…

Steve

0 Likes

Sorry to say, but I’m still experiencing these issues with 3066, just not as frequently.

I’ve had to stop using Sublime – the time it was saving me over BBEdit is erased by the time it takes me to recover from corrupted files several times a day.

I’m a licensed user and am quite unhappy about this. While BBEdit’s great for what it’s great for, I do not want to use it as my main editor…

S

0 Likes

I can also confirm.

I’m using OSX 10.9.5 and Sublime Text 3 3065. This just started happening randomly. I’ve been using this same setup for over 3 months.

I am saving to files over CIFS. I also have a bunch of zero byte .subl3d3.tmp files building up.

I can see the following in the console:

Writing file /Volumes/me@ad.ismell.org/Projects/PetaLinux/HelloWorld/components/modules/maple_bus/net.c with encoding UTF-8 (atomic)
remote file system detected, falling back to non-atomic save
Reloading /Volumes/me@ad.ismell.org/Projects/PetaLinux/HelloWorld/components/modules/maple_bus/net.c

Is there a way to bump up some log level to see where this is happening?

0 Likes

I’ve seen this problem a few times in both Windows 7 and 8. It’s occurred in two cases: when I am editing a file in a Google Drive sync directory, and when the PC powered off unexpectedly in the middle of editing a file.

In both cases, the file in the active tab in Sublime Text was irretrievably lost, completely overwritten with null bytes.

0 Likes