Sublime Forum

Ubuntu 14.04, ALT-Tab refuses to switch to Sublime

I open Sublime 3 - Stable Channel build 3065, in Ubuntu 14.04LTS with Unity, then switch to any other window, then back using alt-tab and Sublime doesn’t come to the foreground. I have to minimize every other window to see it.

Additionally, when I click on the icon in Unity, it also doesn’t come to the foreground. It’s been going on for several days now.

Thanks for looking into this!

0 Likes

I’m having the same issue.

If I’m lucky, and I have not shuffled the SublimeText window to another workspace ALT + SHIFT + CTRL + and I hit alt + tab and select the “show desktop” option, which shows desktop, then repeat and now it shows all windows… some times, my lost SublimeText will come to the forground – or otherwise be displayed so I can hide the other windows…

But depending on some state within SublimeText3, it may not be revealed when alt+tab (on Ubuntu 14.04) is used, or the launch button is clicked.

Build 3038

0 Likes

Facing same issue with sublime text 3 and ubuntu 16.04.

0 Likes

Sorry to necro this thread, but this was my first Google result when trying to solve this so I’ll put what worked for me:

also on Ubuntu 16.04, sublime text 3:

Sublime settings:
“use_simple_full_screen”: true

and restart

0 Likes

works me only if 1 instance of sublime is open

0 Likes

works for me with multiple windows, is that what you mean? Or are you running multiple instances of the application?

0 Likes