Sublime Forum

Sublime Text Locks When Connecting to SMB On Yosemite

Hi All-
I am using Sublime Text 3 on Yosemite, and I have a virtual machine in my computer that is mounted using samba. I am wondering why sublime text occasionally locks while editing a file. How can I debug and any suggestions on stopping this from happening. When it locks it has the spinning wheel for about 1 minute then returns to working.

Thanks,
Brad

0 Likes

Anyone have any ideas? This is really killing my productivity!

0 Likes

FYI here is the SMB configuration that goes in teh virtual machine that was recommended. It seems to be improving.

Make sure your share folder has 777 permissions

[global]
workgroup = smb
max protocol = SMB2
security = user
map to guest = bad user
guest account = nobody
unix extensions = no

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
browsable = no
read only = no
create mode = 0750

[INSERT_NAME_TO_SHARE]
path = INSERT_PATH_TO_SHARE
public = yes
writable = yes
comment = smb share
printable = no
guest ok = yes
force directory mode = 0777
force create mode = 0777

0 Likes

Crap I am still seeing an issue. Perhaps smoething I can change in sublime

0 Likes

I also have ST3 locking up, but for me it happens almost every single time the first time I launch it. My files are also on a SMB share. I force quit it and then relaunch ST3 and then it works fine for the rest of the day. Incidentally this was happening to me before Yosemite, but not as frequently. I’m also wondering if perhaps one of the plugins is to blame, but I haven’t had time to investigate. I just relaunch when it happens, but it is quite annoying and I worry that I will corrupt something.

0 Likes

Same problem here.

0 Likes

Likewise - same 2-3 minute lockout on load or file change. What makes it incredibly painful is working with git repositories as switching between branches appears to trigger the same bug.

0 Likes

I’ve been having the same problem, and updating to the latest dev build seems to have cause it to occur less.

sublimetext.com/3dev

0 Likes

I have logged the bug here:
github.com/SublimeText/Issues/issues/594

Feel free to add more details. I was hoping this would get a higher then minor priority but I guess not!

Thanks!

0 Likes

In your user settings (Preferences -> Settings-User), try adding the following:

"atomic_save": false

and see if that does the trick. For an explanation, see this Stack Overflow question and my answer to it. Generally speaking, atomic_save is a bad idea when working over a network, and is often a bad idea when working locally. Hopefully it’ll be disabled by default in an upcoming release…

0 Likes

[quote=“MattDMo”]In your user settings (Preferences -> Settings-User), try adding the following:

"atomic_save": false

That didn’t seem to fix anything for me.

0 Likes

Has anyone found a workaround?

Thanks!

0 Likes