Sublime Forum

Yosemite Lockup!

I literally can’t use ST right now, hence can’t work at all. I tried downloading the app again. I’m completely ground to a halt here. Every time I open ST I just get the spinning ball of death. Anything simple I can do to reset??

0 Likes

And then it…crashes! Nice. I try reopening and same thing over again.

0 Likes

And I can’t post the stack trace…it’s too big for this board.

0 Likes

Deleted the project and workspace file and now I can get in again…we’ll see if it locks up once i recreate the project…

0 Likes

5 minutes later…locked up again. hate to leave ST, especially after I paid for my license but crikey! It just doesn’t work!

0 Likes

For me I get a spinning beach ball hang EVERY single time I launch ST3 for the first time after waking from sleep or logging in. I have to force quit it, but then subsequent launches are fine. Not exactly 100% sure what the trigger is, all I know is that when I open up my macbook pro in the morning and launch ST3 it will hang.

0 Likes

I just updated to ST3 and lockups are gone.

That was a nasty one because nothing i did stopped it. Literally couldn’t use ST2 at all even after re-install.

0 Likes

I don’t know if it’s related to packages that I have loaded or the fact my code resides on a SMB share. On my other user account ST3 doesn’t lock up but I only use it as a simple text editor there and don’t have most of the packages installed and only open files locally. On my “work” account where ST3 hangs a lot, I have lots of different packages installed and my source code resides on SMB share.

0 Likes

Not sure if it’s too late for some of you but I had the same issue some time ago (early 10.10 betas?) and managed to solve it.
It looks like ST will lock up with a chance of about 90% on first launch after waking / rebooting your Mac.

For me the fix was to disable the reporting of usage data by adding this to my user preferences:

"enable_telemetry": "disable",

That solved it for me on OSX on linux I had a similar which was resolved by disabling the automatic update check:

"update_check": "false"
0 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion. Disabled it and will see if it locks up tomorrow

0 Likes

disabling telemetry made no difference. Still hung today when I launched it :frowning:

0 Likes

For me this issue has been resolved by updating the LastModifiedIndicator package to a new version. There was a bug with that package that caused ST3 to hang when trying to upgrade/remove that package using Package Control. I had to manually remove it and reinstall it. After I did that, I no longer had ST3 lockup on me when I launched it first thing in the morning (which happened 100% of the time for the past few weeks).

0 Likes