Sublime Forum

3065 update doesn't take

Every time I start my Mac, running Mavericks 10.9.5, and open ST3 3059 I get the message of a new version available. I install 3065 and it works. The next time I restart my Mac and open ST3 it has reverted to 3059 and tells me there is a new update available.

This doesn’t happen to MacBook pro running Yosemite. It remembers to update to 3065.

Can you give me an idea why???

Thanks Wm

0 Likes

I don’t know how the auto-update mechanism works, but maybe it’s possible that you have two separate installations of ST3? So if, for example you had an original installation in a non-standard place and you saved that in the dock, then clicking on the dock icon to open ST3 would open the instance in that specific location. Then later, ST3 auto-upgrades but doesn’t overwrite your initial installation, then it will run that version until you restart. Then, after you restart and click on that dock icon, you’ll still be running your older version while the new one is installed, but the older version won’t know about.

I know, I know, that’s a pretty contrived explanation, but that would result in symptoms like yours.

0 Likes