Sublime Forum

f12 shortcut defunct

I’ve lost the f12 shortcut function (to view html page in default browser). Working in Mac OSX 10.9.5, system preferences has “use all keys as standard function keys” checked and mission control shortcuts has “show dashboard” unchecked (that’s the system shortcut for f12). I’ve been using Sublimetext for several months with the f12 working normally but it’s gone. Apple suggest trashing and re-installing Sublimetext application but wanted to ask experienced users if they’ve encountered this. Cheers. Andrew.

0 Likes

f12 was provided by SideBarEnhancements but conflicts with ST own f12 so I removed it and added instructions on how to add it again
github.com/titoBouzout/SideBarE … ts#f12-key

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]f12 was provided by SideBarEnhancements but conflicts with ST own f12 so I removed it and added instructions on how to add it again
github.com/titoBouzout/SideBarE … ts#f12-key[/quote]

Thanks Tito
I downloaded beta 3 version of Sublime and followed your instructions but could not get it to work.
I think it may be a new OSX upgrade that has disrupted f12 shortcut functionality: it is the only factor that has changed in several months. F12 shortcut was working several weeks ago but suddenly stopped.
Thank you for your advice.
AndrewC

0 Likes

Try to go to “Preferences -> Key bindings - User”
and add the following

{ "keys": "f12"],
	"command": "side_bar_open_in_browser" ,
	"args":{"paths":], "type":"testing", "browser":""}
},
{ "keys": "alt+f12"],
	"command": "side_bar_open_in_browser",
	"args":{"paths":], "type":"production", "browser":""}
}

]

in theory, should just work

0 Likes

Tito
Yes: this worked as you suggested. Now I have the f12 shortcut again. Many thanks!

{ “keys”: “f12”], “command”: “side_bar_open_in_browser” , “args”:{“paths”:], “type”:“testing”, “browser”:""}}
]

0 Likes