Sublime Forum

How to restrict scope of Find in Files and File Open?

I have a couple of simple questions:

1. When I use “Find in Files” I would like to be able to restrict the type of files that Sublime searches through, e.g. to just .hml and .php files, is this possible, and how?

2. When I use File->Open (under Windows) I can filter the files in the folder by changing the scope from “All Files (.)” but this change does not stick and the next time I use File->Open it has gone back to “All Files (.)” - can it be made to remember the last filter chosen, or even use a custom filter e.g. .hml and .php ?

3. When opening a file, is there any way to get Sublime to go back to where I was last editing it rather than the start of the file?

Thanks for any help, and sorry if these questions are answered in the documentation, I couldn’t find them.

Kind regards - David

0 Likes

I found out how to restrict the scope of “Find in Files”. For those who understand these things this is easy and I imagine that you are having a good chuckle at me.

For the rest of us, you add the scope of the files you want in the “Where?” search box like this:

E:\wamp\www\Vintage Watch Straps,.php,.htm,*.html

The first bit “E:\wamp\www\Vintage Watch Straps,” tells Sublime which folder to search in, the second bit “.php,.htm,*.html” tells it which files to search. Without the second part, Sublime will search through all the files in the folder.

Kind regards - David

0 Likes

Question 3:

github.com/titoBouzout/BufferScroll

0 Likes