Sublime Forum

"Save All on Build" sometimes doesn't "Save All"

I notice with enragingly disturbing frequency that even though I’ve got the “Save All on Build” option checked in the “Tools” menu, sometimes Sublime Text 3 does not actually save all edited buffers before invoking a build. As should be clear, this causes extremely irritating wastes of time on a random basis.

I have no idea what conditions cause the editor to fail to save a file. All I know is that I can hit ^B and do a build after making a change, go do some tests and wonder why nothing happened, and then return to the editor window and hit ^S and see a message that the file was saved. A subsequent build confirms that the change has then been actually deployed.

Are my expectations wrong? Does that option not mean that all open modified buffers will be saved? There’s nothing else touching my sources underneath the editor, and I don’t have any wacky “auto-process” scripts set up; my build is absolutely all of the work necessary to go from raw edited source to deployed package.

0 Likes

I’m starting to think that it’s not “Save All on Build” that’s got problems, but “Save All” itself.

It also seems (haven’t done any thorough testing) that it may have something to do with having a lot of buffers open.

0 Likes

Hi, I just started evaluating sublime and have a similar experience, but maybe it is By Design.
I have 3 monitors and opened files on each monitor. /File /Save All only seems to save the file within the one window. I have to go to each monitors to do /File /SaveAll.
There is a little icon in the tab next to the file name, “x” for no changes, and “o” for changes not yet saved, so it is easy to see the effect if you are looking for it.
It does save for other columns and rows in the same window though.
There is one sublime_text process, but alt-tab switching between apps shows three icons.
Version: sublime build 3083 on Linux Mint with Cinnamon (gnome based) desktop.

0 Likes