Sublime Forum

Can't Get Web Inspector to work

Whenever I to try click on “Start Google Chrome with remote debug port 9222” I get the following error message.

[Errno 13] Permission denied
[cmd: [’/Applications/Google Chrome.app’, ‘–remote-debugging-port=9222’, ‘–profile-directory=Default’,’’]]
[dir: /Users/caseymandell/Dropbox/Documents/sublimeProjects/Experiments/src/scripts]
[path: /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin]
[Finished]

I have no real expertise in these matters at all. From searching the web I’ve gleaned that one of the first things to do is see if my browser will run 127.0.0.1:9222/json. None of my browsers, (Firefox, Aurora, Chrome, Canary or Safari) will run this url which must be telling, but after quite a bit of searching, I can’t find out what it means or what to do about it. If there’s any other information I need to furnish please tell me what it is and I’ll gladly furnish it. I’m dying to use the debugger. My swi.sublime-settings file follows. (I’m on a Mac.)

{
“chrome_path”:{
//“osx” : “/Applications/Google Chrome Canary.app --remote-debugging-port=9222 --no-first-run --no-default-browser-check --user-data-dir=$(mktemp -d -t ‘chrome-remote_data_dir’”,
//“osx”: “/usr/sbin/Google Chrome Canary.app”,
“osx”:"/Applications/Google Chrome.app",
//“osx” : “Applications/Google Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google Chrome”,
“windows”: “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\chrome.exe”,
“linux”: “/usr/bin/google-chrome”
},
“chrome_profile”: “Default”,
“chrome_remote_port”: “9222”,
“breakpoint_scope”: “swi.breakpoint”,
“current_line_scope”: “swi.current”,
“interactive_scope”: “mcol_0088CCFF.settings”,
“stack_layout”: {