Sublime Forum

Starting and Terminating Comments Hyphen Issue

Anybody know if an em dash can substitute for the two hyphens ( – ) that start and terminate comments? I ask because I’m a new user of sublime, and I see that I’m throwing errors because when I type two hyphens for comments those hyphens auto-convert to em dashes. Chrome display is showing the comments hidden but I am in progress on a complete cross browser check. I have googled and googled looking for a way to stop the auto change of two hyphens but without success.

In the interim, I wondered if you know if sub is OK or how to stop Sublime from converting the two hyphens to em dashes?

0 Likes

Well, rats and cats and freezing temperatures! I have yet to find a solution to my problem despite the wonders of googling. Grrr. When I type hyphens in Sublime, the editor auto inserts an em dash or an en dash. And that results in an error when running validator.

Anybody have any longshot ideas? How amazing that I’m finally unique. Sure took years to get to this stage of uniqueness and it would have to be with ems and hyphens. :smile:

Help anyone?

0 Likes

Are you sure that Sublime is auto-converting the hyphens to em dashes and not your OS doing the conversion?

0 Likes