Sublime Forum

Built-in commands customization

Hello,
where can I find built-in Sublime Text 3 command like ‘expand_selection’? I searched both user Packages (located in ~/.config in my case, Linux user) and root Packages (located in /opt) folders, but couldn’t succeed.

0 Likes

Only a handful of commands (e.g. toggle_command, fold, unfold, duplicate_line, wrap_lines) are implemented in Python and those can be found in the Default package. Other commands (such as show_panel, insert, insert_snippet, undo …) are implemented internally.

0 Likes

So, what I’m trying to accomplish is to set proper syntax for the command to be used in. I need to-tag ‘expand_selection’ to work not only in raw HTML but in Handlebars scope as well. So far I’ve tried to set it up like this:

{ "keys": "ctrl+shift+l"], "command": "expand_selection", "context": { "key": "selector", "operator": "equal", "operand": "(text.html, text.html.handlebars)", "match_all": true } ], "args": {"to": "tag"} }
but haven’t succeed. Is there any way to change scope of a internal command?

0 Likes

Use this:

{ "key": "selector", "operator": "equals", "operand": "text.html, text.html.handlebars", "match_all": true }

Works for me (even though I tested with “source.ruby, source.python”).

There are no parenthesis allowed in scope selectors.

0 Likes

[quote=“FichteFoll”]Use this:

{ "key": "selector", "operator": "equals", "operand": "text.html, text.html.handlebars", "match_all": true }

Works for me (even though I tested with “source.ruby, source.python”).

There are no parenthesis allowed in scope selectors.[/quote]

Your example causes following error (as seen in console):

Unable to parse binding {args: {to: tag}, command: expand_selection, context: {key: selector, match_all: true, operand: text.html, text.html.handlebars, operator: equals}], keys: [ctrl+shift+l]}

I believe this is because proper ‘operator’ value is equal, not equals.

Nevertheless, the following still doesn’t work:

It shows ‘0 selection regions’ when used in Handlebars scope (scope name is ‘text.html.handlebars’).

0 Likes

Yes, the correct operator is equal.

Here is my complete test binding that definitely works, this time properly copy-pasted and not modified on the fly:

{"keys": "ctrl+shift+l"], "command": "expand_selection", "args": {"to": "word"}, "context": { "key": "selector", "operator": "equal", "operand": "source.ruby, source.python", "match_all": true } ] },

However, it may be that the {to: tag} argument doesn’t work with the handlebars syntax since I don’t know how exactly it works and how the handlebars syntax defines tags.

0 Likes

Handlebars syntax is HTML-like, so <div>Lorem ipsum</div> would be correct in both raw HTML and Handlebars template. However, the command doesn’t work with the latter.

0 Likes