Sublime Forum

Non registered user message even after adding license

Using Sublime Text 2, I still get the message about registering even though I’ve added my license. I’m on Windows 7. Any advice?

0 Likes

Are you super sure you pasted it well?
I mean: there were no new lines or whitespaces at the begin or at the end of the copy/pasted license; the “begin license” and “end license” rows were present; etc?
I know this could sounds as a stupid question but double check is the first thing to try…

If you did paste the license correctly and still you have the “unregistered” notice, then I can suggest you to write down @ sales@sublimetext.com for details, they usually helps people out for this kind of problems.

0 Likes

Thanks for responding @Orlamente. Yes I am “super sure”.

And I can confirm it was entered correctly because when I look at the top bar - it no longer says “unregistered” like it used to. Also when I click the “Help” menu item the only choice is to “remove license” instead of “add license”.

I do think this is stupid and I will email sales@sublimetext.com. I would like a refund if I still have to deal with this annoying message even after paying the expensive $70.

0 Likes

Are you sure that this is a message that SublimeText is unregistered? There are some paid packages that also display an unregistered message (wbond’s SFTP comes to mind)…

0 Likes

jbjornson is right,
there some commercial package (sublimerge pro, and sftp from wbond as mentioned before, but they are not the only 2 around)… just a rapid question, what os are you running on?
on win* the unregistered version of st have an uppercased “(UNREGISTERED)” text in the title bar of the app, can you spot it? having the option to remove the key i think the problem should be wiht a 3rd party package…

anyway, there were few cases of people that recived not-working keys and they solved mailing the sales support, it’s there for a reason after all…

0 Likes