Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 3 behave weird when minimized on Yosemite

Hi, guys.

Sublime Text 3 has been worked well until recently I upgraded to Yosemite.
When I minimize ST3’s window, it behave weird. Like this:

So I press shift for slowing animation to figure out what happened. It seems
when minimized ST3 is stripped from any grammar highlighting,
its font and split lines become transparent, revealing the behind window’s color.
Sometimes it become really ugly and annoying.

I’ve tried removing every files of /Library/Application\ Support/Sublime\ Text\ 3/Packages/, but it didn’t help.
After some struggle finally I downloaded and installed Sublime Text 2, the same problem appeared.
which is very strange as ST2 worked well before on Mavericks.

I’m now quite sure that the problem may be related with new installed OS Yosemite.
BTW, my OS version is 10.10.1, and ST3 version is Build 3065.
Still I didn’t solve this problem after some google searches, and between the time I also tested some other editors
like Brackets, Markdown, Atom… they worked quite well.

So I come up to get some help, please tell me what can I do to avoid this. :frowning:
Also I get those messages from Console.app, hoping that will be useful.

Any suggestion is welcome, thank you all in advance. :smiley:

0 Likes

I checked another guy and his worked well…
Still I want to solve this without clean reinstall OS. :cry:

I tried to figure out what Console’s telling me, but failed…
Somebody can tell me?

0 Likes

UPDATE: Finally I CLEAN INSTALLED 10.10.2(yes, formatted entire harddisk), instead of doing anything that may influence the result, I just open Safari - download Sublime Text 3 - install and open it. The problem still appeared!

I am now totally confused. The problem seems have nothing to do with the OS. May be related with the hardware(that doesn’t make sense :frowning: )?

My Macbook Air is 13-inch, Mid 2013. As I cannot find any computer of my type in the neighborhood, I post this information here.

Hoping that somebody may find the solution. And if you have the type nearby, Please try it and post the result.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Try changing the value of “gpu_window_buffer” to true in your user preferences file. It should solve it.

0 Likes

Whoa! The problem solved, thank you! :smiley:
This bothered me for a long time, thank you again. Big hug! :laughing:

0 Likes