Sublime Forum

Heavy CPU usage with build 3080

Heavy cpu usage after upgrading whenever in the editor.

Mac 10.9.5, MacBook Pro 16GB ram
Plugins installed:http://tinypic.com/r/2ngtwec/8

0 Likes

How do I download build 3065? Can’t seem to find it.

0 Likes

I’m having the same issue. After upgrading today, Sublime is eating all of my CPU. It’s unusable for me in this state, unfortunately.

I’m on a MacBook Pro 10.10.2 16GB ram.

0 Likes

It was annoying but I took the time to disable plug-ins one by one, restarting each time. Also watching console in ST3. I narrowed it down to two problems for me. I had to fully remove php-codesniffer. And I saw I had a corrupt index in /User/name/Library/ApplicationSupport/Sublime Text 3/Index.

Once I fixed those issues it fired right up with less than 2% cpu and only one process. Previously I’d see 10 or so processes fork and all running close to 100% cpu and fans would kick on immediately.

0 Likes

Thanks for the update @mmerritt. I tried deleting my Sublime Text 3/Index directory with no luck. Seeing 5-10 processes with 90+% CPU each. I don’t have time right now to troubleshoot more, so I just downloaded ST2 and am using it for now. I also don’t have php-codesniffer installed. Maybe it’s another plugin of mine. Will check more into it tomorrow.

0 Likes

Same problem here, but with with the RestructuredText Improved package.

Mac OS X 10.10, Mac Mini, 16gb

0 Likes

Click the current link and change the …80 to …65, see: c758482.r82.cf2.rackcdn.com/Subl … 203065.dmg

0 Likes

Though, dropping back to an old build is an immediate solution, users really need to spend some time and identify the offending plugins so that the plugin maintainers can get them fixed. I realize people need to get things done though too.

0 Likes

Had the same issue with four processes continually appearing in top with all four being 90%+. Every time it happened it appeared to be building an index (percentage was showing at the bottom of Sublime window and the hover informed me it was building an index). Completely cleaned out my Sublime Text folder in ApplicationSupport and the problem seems to be gone.

0 Likes