Sublime Forum

[Solved] Double click in search results not opening file

After updating sublime text 3 I am no longer able to double click on the file name in the search results to open up the file.

0 Likes

0 Likes

I have the same problem and I don’t use FindResultsApplyChanges plugin. How to fix it?

0 Likes

I don’t have that plugin installed either, so that’s not what’s causing it for me either

0 Likes

Put the focus on the Find result view, open the console and type and compare the result:

>>> view.settings().get("result_file_regex") '^([A-Za-z\\\\/<].*):$'

0 Likes

So a year later and I am reminded to try and fix this again… sorry for the super late reply!

I did the search you suggested and it returned nothing. I have a 2nd computer where the double click actually works and it came back with the following:

‘^({^ /t].):$’

so I’m guessing that the ‘nothing’ result might be the problem? How do I fix that?

0 Likes

I have the same problem, looking at the console I see:
Worker xxxxx appears stuck while processing file /fileName, killing process

0 Likes

Check if you have the FindResultsApplyChanges package installed.

2 Likes

Yes I did, removed it, and it works now! Thanks alot.

0 Likes

For those that want the functionality of FindResultsApplyChanges AND also be able to double-click to open the file on the Find/Search Results page:

To restore the double-click behavior, you need to add "disable_double_click": false into the Package’s User Settings file. To edit this file, just go to: Main menubar -> Preferences -> Package Settings -> FindResultsApplyChanges -> Settings – User.

Reference: https://github.com/titoBouzout/FindResultsApplyChanges

2 Likes

It worked, thanks so much!

0 Likes