Sublime Forum

At 3065, Check for Update shows nothing

I’m on Win7x64 and at version 3065. Right now 3083 is out, but when I do a HELP > CHECK FOR UPDATES, all I get back is a modal window that is completely empty and has an ‘OK’ button. Upon clicking it, I go back to where I was, and no download/update is started. Ideas?

0 Likes

I can read “No update available” in white text, your theme is outdated/broken and you probably need calibrate your computer monitor. :mrgreen:

Do you have the “update_check” option in your user preferences file?

0 Likes

Ah, I see the text now. Missed it the first time through. I don’t think my monitor needs calibration; the rest of the modal is fine. Chances are, my theme changed it or did not have a style to make it more prominent/readable. I’m using “Piatto Dark 3”. packagecontrol.io/packages/Theme%20-%20Piatto

I do not have the “update_check” in my user prefs. I added it, set it to true, restarted, and same problem.

0 Likes

Would installing the latest build on top of the current preserve settings and just update the core files?

0 Likes

It will only replace the core files, your settings and packages are preserved in a different directory.

0 Likes

OK. 3083 is now installed. I will wait until the next version comes out and see if the update check is still broken. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes