Sublime Forum

[ISSUE NOT FIXED] Input field appear half hidden

Hi guys,

Sublime Text is an amazing editor and i use it every dayā€¦ but iā€™ve a terrible issue thatā€™s a bit boring for meā€¦

DESCRIPTION OF THE ISSUE:
*When iā€™m renaming, naming or whatelse i do when the input field (aka ā€œinput panelā€) appear it shows to me 60% hidden.
hereā€™s a sample:

NOTE:

• Iā€™ve a ULTRAHD display (3k)

• SUBLIME TEXT VERSION:3083 (last version available on 05 Apirl 2015)

Hereā€™s my pc specs:
PC MODEL: DELL XPS-15
Processor IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i7-4712HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz
Number of Cores 8

Video Card 1 IntelĀ® HD Graphics 4600
Chipset IntelĀ® HD Graphics 4600
Dedicated Memory 0.0 B
Total Memory 1.8 GB

Video Card 2 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
Manufacturer NVIDIA
Chipset GeForce GT 750M
Dedicated Memory 2.1 GB
Total Memory 3.9 GB

Memory (RAM) 16 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit
Size 64 Bit

Display Maximum Resolution 3200 x 1800
thx,

Paolo.

0 Likes

It appears youā€™re using a custom theme and not the default provided by Sublime Text.

0 Likes

You are a bit pessimistic though. The input is half visible :mrgreen:

You didnā€™t mentioned two things:

1. if the default theme have the same issue (or a different theme)
  2. either if you have the issue on full screen, maximized or in any situation
1 Like

amazing :smiley:

1 Like

This has been a problem since moving to a High-DPI system. It is still a problem for Windows 8/8.1/10. (It works on my Ubuntu and Debian Linux installations.)

I have removed my entire Sublime directories from the AppData Local and Roaming directories. And, it still occurs on a completely empty setup (no themes, packages, settings, etc.). It happens on all three of my different high-dpi computers.

Is this a problem with others? I am using the latest version of ST3 (as of March 2016).

EDIT: I should note that the Search & Replace input panel shows both inputs correctly. But the Find in Files panel shows the top text field fine, but only half of the second text field (on the bottom)ā€¦

EDIT: I will also note that hiding the status bar (or any other ui elements such as the menu, etc.) does not help. The input panel simply moves down further so it is still only 30% or so visible.

1 Like

The problem is on default one too. Now iā€™ve done a custom-made theme that makes the input field more visibile.

But the bug persists on latest version too!

0 Likes

1. YES, iā€™ve tested different themes and the bug persists
  2. YES, any situation
0 Likes

Hi Guys,

itā€™s been a while since i posted last time, sry for that. Btw i got it! YES

iā€™ve modded my theme to fix this issue.

SPOTTING THE BUG:

FIX IT!

Inside your .sublime-theme file you should adjust top margin text input field value till is fixed for your theme.

Iā€™ve changed like this:
{ "class": "text_line_control", "layer0.texture": "", "layer0.tint": [30, 30, 30], // -01 "layer0.opacity": 1, //"layer0.inner_margin": [10, -5, 4, 3], "content_margin": [3, -3, 3, 3] }

Hope it helps!! :slightly_smiling:

Bye,
Paolo.

3 Likes

Thank you!! :slightly_smiling:

0 Likes