Sublime Forum

Specific python module giving me issue with build (UBUNTU)

Using Ubuntu 14.04LTS, 64bit

Here it is: I have built Blender3D as python module so I can do some development, and would love to use Sublime as my IDE. Followed this tutorial if its helpful: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Ideasman42/BlenderAsPyModule

Everything was going swimmingly until I tried to make a .sublime-build. It works, recognizes my specific python module I needed to import, but I have this error and can’t figure out what to do about it:

ERROR:

ImportError: libGLEW.so.1.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I do not have libGLEW.so.1.8, but I do have libGLEW.so.1.10 which I have a symbolic link to. Should I just find libGLEW.so.1.8 and install? Is this it: launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gl … 0-1ubuntu2 and if so, what the balls to I do with it? Is there anyway to force sublime to use 1.10 instead?

BUILD FILE:

{ "cmd": "/usr/local/bin/python3.4", "$file"] , "selector": "source.python" , "file_regex": "file \"(...*?)\", line ([0-9]+)" }

Admittedly I’m new to developing in this way, so I know it’s an error on my part. I’m not super savvy on build files, so maybe it’s the build file. Maybe its this mysterious library. Just not sure where to go from here to fix it. Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes

UPDATE

So, perhaps I have solved the first error. But what do I do when CMAKE wants libboost1.57 and blender/sublime wants libboost 1.53. Hmmm.

0 Likes