Sublime Forum

Bracket highlighter is not working properly...!

i have installed bracket highlighter, but i think i don’t know how to configure it correctly.
The result of my bracket highlighter is following:

we will never use our subscriber information for anything unspecified.

i want it to be like the following:

we will never use our subscriber information for anything unspecified

i have tried to change settings in bh_core.sublime-settings file but it did not worked.

0 Likes

The appropriate place for BracketHighlighter issues is here: github.com/facelessuser/Bracket … ter/issues.

With that said, BH was recently changed to highlight only the tag name to be a little more subtle in relation to tags. It is possible, that maybe this can be a feature request to be optional, but I would need a screencap from you to first verify that is in deed your problem. For further support, please create an issue at the BracketHighlighter repo.

0 Likes

Here is the screenCap:
x-v.it/z9rkks

0 Likes

Yup, that is intentional. That is how BH now does tags; just the tag name.

0 Likes

oh ok… i should just like it then…!!

but i found another problem…it does not highlight php open and closing tag.
Is this also intentional…?

0 Likes

[quote=“umer4167”]but i found another problem…it does not highlight php open and closing tag.
Is this also intentional…?[/quote]

Again, I don’t think there is a problem here. PHP tags are disabled in files that are set to the syntax of PHP. Now this might seem counter intuitive, but often people in pure PHP files have open ended php brackets (an open but no close). Only when content is mixed (HTML, PHP, JavaScript, etc.) are you pretty much guarunteed to see the PHP brackets get closed, so PHP brackets are disabled in PHP, but not HTML.

You can override this behavior, just read the docs to see how.

Anyways, I won’t answer anymore questions here, so if you have more, please open an issue at the repo.

0 Likes

ok thanks…it was really helpful…:smile:

0 Likes