Sublime Forum

ST2: HELP! Session, settings back to default

ST2: HELP! Session and settings back to default, Session.sublime_session is 0 size. am i screwed?

the only file open is ‘package control messages’ …
Data/Settings/Session.sublime_session is a zero size file …
the os is windows 7

i had at least 100 documents open and many of them hadn’t been saved in a very long time.

am i screwed? is there another place other than " Data/Settings/Session.sublime_session " where temporary files are stored?

… basically, what i think happened is,

some program was eating up tremendous amounts of hdd space on my main drive … i’d move or clear away sometimes up to 3 gigs but by the end of the day, i’d be getting errors due to insufficient disk space. i’d run ccleaner and gain only a few kb of space and although the space tends to disappear the fastest when firefox is open, clearing ff’s cache only tends to restore a few kb.

i noticed that after rebooting, sometimes a large sum of the missing space would be returned.

aaaaaand the last time i tried to reboot, i got the message to ‘close all programs (without saving)’, which sometimes happens with this pc and which can stay up for hours.

so the last time that this happened, i opted to ‘close all programs (without saving)’ and simply restart.

i THINK that the next time i opened sublime text is when i found it in its current state, with nothing else open other than ‘package control messages’, " Data/Settings/Session.sublime_session " being 0kb and the settings restored to default.

am i screwed? please please please please tell me no :frowning:

ps: for future iterations of sublime text, please include the feature to keep at least two backups in case of idiots like me.

thanks!

0 Likes