Sublime Forum

Eats a lot cpu and memory after upgrading to 3091

There are a lot messages in console related to PHP processing like this:

worker 4454 appears stuck while processing file /Users/aaron/wp/omnisocials-admin/resqueTests/phpResque/vendor/chrisboulton/php-resque/demo/check_status.php, killing process

After disabling PHP module, the problem disappears.

Platform OSX 10.10.3

0 Likes

[quote=“inetfuture”]There are a lot messages in console related to PHP processing like this:

worker 4454 appears stuck while processing file /Users/aaron/wp/omnisocials-admin/resqueTests/phpResque/vendor/chrisboulton/php-resque/demo/check_status.php, killing process

After disabling PHP module, the problem disappears.

Platform OSX 10.10.3[/quote]

I’m having the same problem. CPU and RAM increases dramatically. It’s impossible to work with windows after opening sublime text!

0 Likes

Same here… can’t open any projects… sublime keeps hanging with files not being loaded…

0 Likes

Same here on Windows after upgrading. :frowning: Eats all memory, Windows is not usable anymore as soon as I start Sublime … :frowning:

0 Likes

It’s the same on a Mac.

0 Likes

Mine is just hanging and making a ton of Sublime processes. OSX 10.10.3 on the latest macbook pro.
I bet one of my plugins in sublime is causing it to freeze, but it is BAD can’t work anymore.
Wish I had time to investigate further.

0 Likes

Hi,

One package that’s causing massive issues for me is the Razor Syntax Highlighting package, but I’m sure that many packages will exhibit weird behavior like this.

Here’s the error that gets spit out in the console:

I figured that since this started happening today and that both 3090 and 3091 came out today, that it’s not necessarily the package’s fault.

To stop the bug, I added the offending package to the ignored_packages array in my user preferences for now.

0 Likes

Is there a way to start sublime without loading any plugin (with a comand line parameter)?

0 Likes

Same here, PHP module beeing the “culprit”. Went back to build 3081:

c758482.r82.cf2.rackcdn.com/Subl … 203081.dmg

At least it’s possible to work again going back to that version.

0 Likes

It was SublimeLinter3 that was causing my PHP headache.

0 Likes

I downgraded to 3088 which works fine now. With 3090 it’s the same problem.

0 Likes

Trying to downgrade caused lots of popup errors and no syntax highlighting… What I’ve noticed in task manager is that this problem is causing endless instances of sublime_text.exe to spawn, so even though the console SAYS it’s killing the process, it is not. I tried disabling the plugins y’all have mentioned…nothing =-\ In case it helps, here’s the output in my console, before I closed it so it wouldn’t spawn 25 instances. (Yes, it did that.) pastebin.com/tLFEqEEt

0 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately syntax highlighting is broken after downgrade. :frowning: JavaScript works here, but not PHP which I also use. :frowning:

I am not able to capture my console output as my machine is nearly completely frozen when I start 3091 … :-/ Hope there will be fix soon …

0 Likes

3092 seems to be working OK for me.

0 Likes

Yep, 3092 works for me, too! Thanks for trying, I didn’t dare. :smile:

0 Likes

the ACTUAL problem I was experiencing was phplint in brew with sublimelinter3. Just ran “sudo brew update && brew upgrade --all” and we are golden now!

0 Likes