Sublime Forum

Right click doesn't work ST3

Hi,

Right-clicking on anything does nothing except on items in the sidebar. Everywhere else right-click doesn’t do anything and there isn’t even any event recorded in the console log. I am using the latest beta 3083 and haven’t installed new packages or reconfigured anything lately. The only thing I did was to upgrade to Win 10. Which I suspect is the culprit, but gives me no hints on how to proceed to correct my problem.

Anyone ran into a similar problem before? How do I even diagnose what’s the cause?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Enter sublime.log_commands(True) in the console and the attempt to right-click. Then check output.

0 Likes

It comes up with this for right-click:

command: double_click {"event": {"button": 2, "x": 510.5, "y": 473.5}}

Single left-click is drag_select{"event": {...}} and double-click is drag_select{"by": "words", "event": {...}}

Is this the expected behaviour?

0 Likes

[quote=“goliath969”]It comes up with this for right-click:

command: double_click {"event": {"button": 2, "x": 510.5, "y": 473.5}}

…]
Is this the expected behaviour?[/quote]

No, I get the following for right-click:

command: context_menu {"event": {"button": 2, "x": 487.5, "y": 487.5}}

The default mousemap does not use a “double_click” command, nor do I know of any such command. I suspect you have installed a package that messes with the mousemap in an undesired way.
I suggest installing “Edit Preferences” and running the command “Edit Preference: sublime-mousemap” to get a list of packages that define mouse map files.

Defining default mousemap bindings is discouraged by the way, because mouse maps do not support context limitations like key bindings do.

0 Likes

Found the culprit - ixio package.

It includes a rather strange mousemap by default, as is doesn’t utilize any mouse shortcuts:

{
  "button": "button2","count": "2",
  "press_command": "double_click"
}]

After extracting the package and commenting these out, context menu is back. However, I get a bunch of errors in the console:

command: context_menu {"event": {"button": 2, "x": 557.5, "y": 195.5}}
TypeError: String required

Everything seems ok with the context menu and I’m not sure how to determine what is the cause for this new problem.

0 Likes

Not much you can here since it seems the plugin author decided to only print the exception, but neither the entire traceback nor the package name where the exception occured.

Your best bet would be to disable plugins and find the one causing it that way.

1 Like

I suspect you have installed a package that messes with the mousemap in an undesired way.

0 Likes

Hey, i know this has been quiet for a while, but i wanted to apologize for this.

At one point there was an interaction that was mouse driven, but i’ve changed it in a recent release and fixed a few other bugs.

Sorry for any inconvenience! Its been fixed for months and i didn’t really tell anybody.

0 Likes