Sublime Forum

CTRL + / uncomments first line of fine before current line

Hi, forums were down - hope all is good.

I got this issue on ST3 >> stackoverflow.com/questions/3199 … -text-file

At some caret positions [mostly middle of line], hitting ctrl + / will uncomment the first line of the file. another hit will not toggle back, but now comments the current line.

is this known issue?
i couldnd find anyone else experiencing this.

thank you for any tips/help
a

0 Likes

did anyone encounter this behavior ?

0 Likes

bump.

should i make a video or provide more info?

0 Likes

I was not able to reproduce your issue, and considering how simple this function of sublime works, I would suspect a plugin. Try disable your plugins to see if this is the case.

0 Likes

Disabling all plugins is not so easy as each language appears as a package… i started doing that, but i got the same.

Then i went and renamed the entire Packages directory in the ST config folder. > open ST3 > lots of errors > close ST3 > check directory to find it has been created with subdirs “bz2” and “User” > Open ST3 > issue gone.

Open again > Close > more folders appear “HTML” , “PyV8”, “Rails” [restart again - no extra folders]

Now i am trying to get the issue back so i can report to where it was coming from.

I copy all the missing directories from Packages and run ST3 > the issue is still gone + after ST3 restart all packages are deleted… > Install all of them again Package manager > Issue never returns.
Was it a ghost?

0 Likes

ITS BACK.

After a while, i came back and started editing, and on my first commenting keystroke, nothing happened. I check the top and the 1st line had been uncommented.

I trying removing the User folder inside Packages, which removed all of my installed packaged and their directories from the filesystem.
Though the issue remains…

I made a video for you to see it live, but cant post AVI nor WEBM. can i post video?
thanks.

0 Likes