Sublime Forum

ST opens blank sftp file

Hello,
this is my first problem with ST after years so please be gentle to me :smile:

I’m an Arch Linux user. To edit file on our company network I have to do these steps:

1. connect my PPTP VPN via network manager (gnome)
  2. open Nemo or Files (Nautilus) and connect to server type SSH (i have bookmark for this) - it mounts via gvfs
  3. navigate to file, open it, edit it, save it, close it
  4. umount network drive
  5. disconnect pptp vpn
    Everything works great :smile:

When I repeat these steps again, it fails. All I get in step 3 is only blank file

/run/user/1000/gvfs/sftp

I’m sure this is ST2 and ST3 Vs. gvfs error because Gedit works well.

What I tried?
My system was completely reinstalled - no backup recovered, all was set from scratch. Replaced licenced ST2 to ST3 beta. The error still occurs.

What is my actual solution?
Restarting the whole system before I need to edit some file on the network.

BTW this problem is here only for last two or three months.

Has anyone any idea how to fix this problem? Thank you all!

edit: okay, the problem might be also somewhere else :blush: Sorry ST, Atom does the same.

0 Likes

Hi, I have the same issue. ST3 and Archlinux.
When a connection fails and i get reconnected ST does not work reach the remote file anymore. Opens a blank ‘sftp’ file and cant find already openned files to save…

0 Likes

Well, I got this error too, but only after upgraded to Ubuntu 15.10 (or just because I started using goDaddy). This is really embarassing, but I couldn’t find any clues on the web how to solve this effectively. Already tried the gvfs-keep-alive file method, but didn’t worked. Any launchpad bug on this?

0 Likes

Hello everyone. I am suffering from the same problem since upgrading to Ubuntu 15.10, all other editors seem to be working fine.

When right clicking and using “open with sublime text” it opens a blank file named sftp

When using the open dialog in sublime it will open just a blank file.

This is happening both with sublime text 2 and 3.

Has anyone discovered anything, or is there a bug report/issue queue elsewhere I can be following? This is a critical feature for me. Thanks so much for any reply.

0 Likes