Sublime Forum

Project Missing Files

Thanks for providing a pretty nice editor. I’m glad Textmate has some competition and its nice to be able to run
this on Linux as well.

However, here’s a small problem I am having…

dhcp-128-107-112-170:acme_ws rhodges$ uname -a
Darwin sjc-vpn3-901.cisco.com 10.7.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.7.0: Sat Jan 29 15:17:16 PST 2011; root:xnu-1504.9.37~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

Sublime Version: Alpha Build 2051

On my Mac, I am mounting a drive via CIFs. If I drag a folder from that drive into the project side bar, not all of the files show up.
If I copy that folder locally, and drag that same folder into the sidebar, then all of the files are visible. Its pretty consistent
about which files it ignores. It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with what level they are in the directory. For example,
some directories that are 4 levels under the root directory show up. However a directory that is two levels deep will be ignored.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ryan

0 Likes

Is there any console output when you open the directory?

It sounds like the symlink detection in action: if directories have identical contents (including timestamps on all files), then only one of the directories will be added: this is to stop infinite recursion via symlinks - I don’t believe there’s a more robust way to detect this situation via SMB. When the files are local, the more robust inode number is used for the comparison.

0 Likes