Sublime Forum

Assign a default syntax highlighting to column 2

So I’ve just recently started using Sublime Text 2 and absolutely love it.

What I want to achieve is 2 columns with separate syntax highlighting assigned by default. Column 1 is my python code with syntax highlighting and column 2 will be the output but with plain text. I am able to set this manually myself, so what I want to achieve is 100% achievable. I simply want it to be set by default, but I can’t for the life of me figure out where the setting might be.

So since I might not be explaining it well here’s two screenshots indicating the problem + the wanted solution:

1. imgur.com/TljMiWw

So as you can see, with this particular output column 2 has been automatically assigned the python syntax highlighting that column 1 had. This is not what I want as it makes the output look silly to read.

1. imgur.com/XrCQqjo

So by simply clicking within column 2 and then changing the syntax to plain text, I have exactly what I want. If I click into column 1 the syntax highlighting is still python. Perfect!

Now, is there a way I can have my screenshot 2 be the default rather than having to do those 2 clicks every time I boot up?

0 Likes