Sublime Forum

Opening Files

Greetings,

I am evaluation Sublime Text. So far so good. One issue: I associated several file types with the program. Opening a file by double clicking is OK unless there are spaces in the file name. If there are, Sublime opens with a blank tab for each word in the filename. I am not averse to purchasing the product. However, I would be hesitant with a flaw such as described.

Any way to get around this?

Many thanks in advance,

Graham

0 Likes

The problem is with the way you did the association not sublime text. You might need " surrounding the filename.

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply Clams. Here is the registry entry in the ‘HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\textfile\shell\open\command’ default key:
“C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 2\sublime_text.exe”%1

Furthermore, if I use the context menu ‘open with’, I get the same emtpy tabs. Perhaps I am missing the point of your reply.

Thanks,
Graham

0 Likes

Clams,

I didn’t see how to edit my last post. I should point out that when I open the file from the application, it is displayed correctly.

Thanks,
Graham

0 Likes

[quote=“gfd”]Thanks for the reply Clams. Here is the registry entry in the ‘HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\textfile\shell\open\command’ default key:
“C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 2\sublime_text.exe”%1

Furthermore, if I use the context menu ‘open with’, I get the same emtpy tabs. Perhaps I am missing the point of your reply.
[/quote]

Just as Clams said, there need to be quotes around the filename (or path, rather).

Change it to this:

"C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 2\sublime_text.exe" "%1"

I’m not sure how exactly you made the associations, but you probably need to change this for all file types where you did it.

Also, consider using Sublime Text 3. It’s better.

0 Likes