Sublime Forum

El capitan

I just updated my operating system to el capitan. now i cannot latex a document from within sublime text 3. this problem needs to be fixed urgently.

0 Likes

I don’t know what “latex a document” means, but I am going to assume you are doing something with LaTeX. With this assumption, it sounds like you are having a plugin issue which you need to bring up with the respective plugin’s issue tracker at its respective repo.

0 Likes

You’re probably asking about why nothing will compile from any program using Latex. The problem is supposed to be fixable by installing the new 2015 MacTex distribution. Check out this page tug.org/mactex/mactex-download.html - scroll down and it explains the El Capitan problem. (That said, I still haven’t gotten mine to work, despite downloading and installing the new distribution. I’m thinking I might need to replace the older copies of the Front Ends now maybe. If you figure out, post back.)

0 Likes

So I reread the instructions. You need to download and install the new tex distribution. Then in Sublime Text, you need to do this reconfiguration: “All of these programs currently are configured to find binaries in /usr/texbin. Over the summer, users should reconfigure their GUI apps to use /Library/TeX/texbin.”

I don’t know if it’s program specific, or package specific.

0 Likes

If you use the LaTeXTools package, the fix is here: github.com/SublimeText/LaTeXToo … E.markdown. Scroll down to right below the first paragraph. Super easy to do, just took a while to find.

0 Likes

Not sure but I think I’m having a related issue - up until i updated to El Capitan, everything was working fine, but now my SASS Build package fails every time I try to compile a sass file. From what I can tell it looks like Sublime Text is no longer in /usr/local/bin for some reason, so it can’t find the sass command. Does that sound like it would also be something the plugin author should handle, or maybe something more general?

Details at [ST3][El Capitan] SASS build fails with Errno 2

0 Likes