Sublime Forum

Platform font size setting

Is there a way to configure font-size separately for Mac/Win? Currently I share same settings between both platforms and I have to constantly change font-size due to different screen dpi and resolutions. Size that is OK on Windows is tiny on Mac.

0 Likes

I would also like to know.

0 Likes

There might be a way to extend the features of the Camaleón plugin to do that. Right now it’s just a theme/syntax switcher:

github.com/SublimeText/Camaleon

0 Likes

You can do this by specifying the font size in “Preferences (OSX).sublime-settings”. The catch is that this file won’t be picked up if it’s in your User directory. You’ll want something like this:

User Platform/Preferences (OSX).sublime-settings: specifies font_size
User Platform/Preferences (Windows).sublime-settings: specifies font_size
User/Preferences (OSX).sublime-settings: doesn’t specify a font_size

0 Likes

Hi Jon,

I added the two files (see below) but neither seems to be having any effect. Restarted multiple times. The font settings only change if I edit User/Preferences.sublime-settings .

User Platform/Preferences (OSX).sublime-settings

{ "font_face": "inconsolata", "font_size": 17.0 }

User Platform/Preferences (Windows).sublime-settings

{ "font_face": "consolas", "font_size": 14.0 }

0 Likes

You need to ensure that you don’t specify a font size in your regular user preferences, or it’ll override the other two sources.

0 Likes

jps’s suggestion doesn’t really work for me either. (latest nightly, mac)

0 Likes

Has anyone managed to get this to work?

I’ve got both font_face and font_size set in the per-platform preference files and not in the user preferences; the font_size gets ignored in both cases and leaves me with text that is too small on OS X and text that is too large on Ubuntu.

Annoyingly, changing text size to Small in Ubuntu’s accessibility preferences means a setting of 12pt now looks the same on both platforms in apps like Terminal — but Sublime Text seems to ignore this setting and continues displaying 12pt at a rather large size :frowning:

0 Likes

Two ways to get around this, if anyone is still interested:

1. Put the platform-specific settings in the Default folder, e.g. Default/Preferences (OSX).sublime-settings:

{
    “font_face”: “inconsolata”,
    “font_size”: 17.0
    }

2. Change the settings through Python code. E.g. \Packages\ZZZ_Platform_Specific\settings.py:

import sublime
    s = sublime.load_settings(“Preferences.sublime-settings”)
    if sublime.platform() == ‘windows’:
    s.set(“font_face”, “Consolas”)
    s.set(“font_size”, 14)
    elif sublime.platform() == ‘osx’:
    s.set(“font_face”, “Inconsolata”)
    s.set(“font_size”, 17)
    sublime.save_settings(“Preferences.sublime-settings”)

0 Likes