Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

How and where are automatic quote/bracket/etc. pairs defined

How and where are automatic quote/bracket/etc. pairs defined

Postby charlesroper on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:31 pm

I'm bringing across the SCSS bundle from Textmate. It contains a smart typing pairs preferences file, but this doesn't seem to work in Sublime. Are typing pairs hard coded into Sublime, or are they in a prefs file somewhere? Most pairs seem to be covered by default, but while editing SCSS, there's a common case where the pair isn't triggered: if you hit +[tab] it expands to this:

Code: Select all
@include |;

If I now type something and then an opening bracket, it doesn't insert the closing bracket. E.g.

Code: Select all
@include prefix(;

The automatic pairing is being stopped when the caret is bumped up against a semi-colon. That's quite annoying, so it would be useful to be able to customise this so that a closing bracket is inserted, even when next to a semicolon.
charlesroper

Re: How and where are automatic quote/bracket/etc. pairs defined

Postby guillermooo on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:26 am

As far as I know, everything re. auto pairing is done with key bindings. Search the default key bindings for "(" (including quotation marks).

The default key bindings file can be accessed through "Preferences | Default Key Bindings".
guillermooo

Postby jps on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:39 am

I'll adjust the regex in the keybinding to handle this situation in the next build
jps
Site Admin

Postby charlesroper on Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Cool thanks. It's in there and working. Your responsiveness and development pace is breathtaking. :)
charlesroper

Return to Technical Support