Sublime Forum

Keyboard shortcuts for the find/replace dialog (Mac OS X)

There are apparently no keyboard shortcuts for these buttons and hitting the mouse is a major distraction for such a common task.

0 Likes

For technical reasons they aren’t listed in tool tips, but they are:

• ctrl+enter: replace all
  • alt+enter: find all
  • enter: find next
  • shift+enter: find prev
0 Likes

I only knew a few of those – it would be nice to show the keyboard shortcuts as tooltips, similar to the options in the panel to the left, e.g. “Regular expression (⎇⌘R)”.

0 Likes

It would also be nice if these were commands.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]For technical reasons they aren’t listed in tool tips, but they are:

• shift+enter: find prev[/quote]

On OS X, it isn’t enter, it’s return – that’s how it is labeled on our keyboards. If you have a keyboard with a numeric keypad, it has an “enter” key with a separate keycode.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]For technical reasons they aren’t listed in tool tips, but they are:

Is there a button for “Replace”? I’d desperately like that. I do a lot of “find next”, “paste”.

0 Likes

[quote=“adzenith”]

Is there a button for “Replace”? I’d desperately like that. I do a lot of “find next”, “paste”.[/quote]

It suddenly occurs to me I could set up a macro (does “sequence” or whatever it was called exist in ST2?), but still–this would be nice to have baked in.

0 Likes

It sure would

0 Likes

It appears that (on Mac OS X, build 2131), the ‘replace all’ keyboard shortcut listed here no longer works. ctrl + return inserts a linebreak within the find/replace text input, and cmd + return is bound to the “Add Line” macro. If these were commands they could be tweaked from the key bindings file.

Under the Find menu it looks like we are missing menu equivalents for Replace All and possibly Find All (unless Find All Using Selection is considered the equivalent to that command).

0 Likes

command + option + F … Simple!!

0 Likes