Sublime Forum

Highlight current line

Is there any word on this bug? Does anyone know how to fix the current syntax highlighting theme to fix this problem? Or is it a bug with ST itself?

0 Likes

Any fix? :smile:

0 Likes

Bump… Please fix.

0 Likes

Casting my vote for this issue to be addressed… :smile:

0 Likes

+1

0 Likes

This is fixed in the latest Dev build 2170 :smiley: Awesome!

0 Likes

Nice! I was waiting for this to be resolved too.

0 Likes

Woo

0 Likes

I’ve noticed that this bug isn’t fixed when in distraction free mode (which, ironically, is kinda distracting :wink: )

I believe the change that fixed this outside of distraction free mode was:
“Line highlights are drawn in front of text background highlights, and alpha channels are supported”

0 Likes

Highlighting the current line appears to be broken in 2181. I’ve tried a lot of different themes, and either none of the themes support it, or the feature isn’t working at the moment. I’d edit the themes, but I can’t figure out where they’re all stored on the file system.

0 Likes

Hi, I ended here looking for some themes to customize ST2 :smile:
For having line highlight (option I missed too and activated it) just add this line to your settings:

"highlight_line": true,
0 Likes

##########
Workaround for the no current line highlighting
##########

I fought w/ this for awhile, and it appears that the current line highlighting only works if you have not disabled the gutter.
// Set to false to hide the gutter altogether
“gutter”: true,

Hope that helps track down the bug, since I would like to remove the gutter, personally.

0 Likes

Hi

is it possible to only highlight the line for certain type of files ?

Thanks

0 Likes

Yes. Open the file type you want line highlighting for (or just open aa new file and set the syntax manually). Then go to “Preferences > Settings - more > syntax-specific - user” and insert the highlight_line setting there.

0 Likes

Gutter Active Line Foreground Color

Hi, is it possible to highlight the number directly? As shown in VIM, below:

3 Likes

how to open the file you show above

0 Likes

Any luck figuring out how to highlight the line number text?

0 Likes

I don’t know of a way to do this, so I’ll say: no, it’s still not possible.

0 Likes

Bummer, thanks anyways.

0 Likes

Well, I hereby request that this “bug” be un-“fixed”. Or, perhaps more realistically, become subject to a preferences setting that re-enables the old behavior y’all describe.

See, I have this here snazzy highlighting for Knockout html files. Can you guess what happens when lineHighlight is applied?

That’s right: EVIL.

So, a preference to re-enable the old behavior would be appreciated. Really nice, though, would be if I could specify something like the following in my color scheme file:

<key>scope</key>
<string>scope.with.background.color, lineHighlight scope.with.background.color</string>

Which would explicitly tell Sublime Text to ignore lineHighlight in favor of the scope’s normal background color. Alternatively, you could put 'lineHighlight scope.with.background.color' in a separate scope block, where you could control exactly how the scope’s color changes in response to the caret being on the same line.

0 Likes

Gutter Active Line Foreground Color