Sublime Forum

[Linux] Running Problem

Hio guys,

After I tried Sublime at WIndows, I decided that it would be a fair replacement for vim at at my working machine.
It runs Archlinux (64bit) and got awesome as a window manager. I thought it would be great that their is the current
package already in the repositry, but unfortunately
I’am getting an error message as try to execute sublime. Would be great if you could help me :neutral_face:
(~ i thought it would be something with Python, but since I got Python 2.7 beside 3.2.1 - there shouldn’t be any problem)

Moreover it would be good to know, where I could activate the dua panel/splitview mode and if there is already a plugin

• which compies/translates CoffeeScripter in JavaScript (~ featuring the second display, similar to this).

Thanks for your help :smile:

0 Likes

When Sublime Text starts up, it tries to extract the packages to your ~/.config/sublime-text-2 directory. The error message you’re getting is indicating that it’s unable to write to one of the files there (‘home/autarc/.config/sublime-text-2/packages/Default/Distraction Free.sublime-settings’).

You can try and verify that the directory exists and is writeable. If it was working in the past but has stopped working now, a reasonable option is to just delete the ~/.config/sublime-text-2 directory and start with a clean slate.

0 Likes

Thanks, re-setting the permision solved the problem :smile:

0 Likes