Sublime Forum

Documentation on themes, and location of files

Hi. I’m new to Sublime text, and using V2. I’m using the “IDLE” theme, but I would like to just tweak the color of the active tab (across the top of the window). I can’t always easily tell which one is active because the colors are too similar. Only I can’t seem to figure out which element of which file under the theme is the one to touch, and I can’t find documentation on themes, or in fact where they are stored, beyond the “Theme - Default” dir and the Default.sublime-theme file under Packages… Anyone know how to tweak this? Is there any documentation?
Thanks.

0 Likes

OK, I guess nobody knows the answer. Still frustrated, I dug a little deeper. It turns out the tabs along the top of the window and other UI elements are controlled by PNG files here, at least on Windows 7:
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Theme - Default
I edited tab_selected.png to make it a sort of grayish green. Now it contrasts well with the other tabs.

Other elements of the UI colors, etc, seem to be here in “tmTheme” files:
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Color Scheme - Default
which are plain text files and can be edited…

0 Likes

Thanks for this, 3 months later I had the same question. On the Mac it was much easier, the Themes files are all in the install folder.

0 Likes