Sublime Forum

(most) key bindings not working, ubuntu 10, build 2110

I’m having a tough time with keybindings in Sublime Text 2.

I’m currently on build 2110, though I’ve had this issue — increasingly, it seems — in builds leading up to this.

Most of my things don’t seem to have key bindings anymore — they’ve been… disappearing?

Example: “Show/Hide Minimap”.

I swear this used to have a keyboard shortcut.

But now I can’t make it recognize one.

Things like “find in project” are a no-brainer for having a keyboard shortcut by default, right?

How/where does one go about doing this?

What is the syntax?

Perhaps I’m just getting that wrong?

But I don’t think so: changes in my Sublime Keymap User file have zero effect: I can’t make any changes there, it seems.

Help?

Perhaps I have things installed weird/wrong?

The linux installer just seems to kind of assume you know what to do with the .bz2 download – and I’ve done what makes sense, but maybe I have things configured wrong?

Are there simple/known “gotchas” for installing to ubuntu that I’ve missed?

Thanks in advance for any help.

– chris corwin

0 Likes

btw, neither Show/Hide Minimap nor Find in Project have key bindings. The latter just opens the Find in Files panel (with the location explicitly set to ) - generally you’d just use the Find in Files shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+F).

One key binding that has changed recently is Show/Hide Side Bar, which was Ctrl+B, but is now Ctrl+K,Ctrl+B - this isn’t listed in the menu as GTK doesn’t offer a way to display sequence key bindings AFAIK.

Take a look at sublimetext.info for some docs on the key bindings: sublimetext.info/docs/en/customi … dings.html

0 Likes

AHA!

That was totally non-obvious to me, though in retrospect, I’m unsure how I didn’t figure it out.

hrm…

Now, see, I read the release notes for 2110, and how that binding had changed, but again, totally didn’t get that it was a “two step process”.

This does work for me.

I have looked at this – lots actually – and something about how it’s all written seems to sneak past my understanding, somehow.

I totally don’t understand, for example, how I would create a key binding for (and this is something i want) “Project: Refresh Folders”.

Is there some documentation that I just am not discovering on what the “commands” you can bind are that exist?

Please forgive me if all of this ought to be self-evident — I may well just have a blind spot for this stuff.

:confused:

Thanks!

0 Likes

…and now I think I have started to sort it out, afterall.

I have this now:

{ "keys": "f5"], "command": "refresh_folder_list" },
	{ "keys": "ctrl+shift+f"], "command": "show_panel", "args": {"panel": "find_in_files", "location": "<open folders>"}},
	{ "keys": "ctrl+k", "ctrl+shift+f"], "command": "show_panel", "args": {"panel": "find_in_files", "location": "<redacted>/j2ee-apps/base/web-app.war"}}
]

…which appears to be working.

Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction.

0 Likes