Sublime Forum

Distraction free mode ignoring line_numbers setting?

I’m trying out sublime as a replacement for macvim. I love the distraction free mode, but line numbers are important to me when coding. After a quick bit of googling it looks like all you need to do is to change that setting in the distraction free settings. However, when I change it nothing happens. No line numbers show. My current Distraction Free.submline settings file looks like this:

{
“word_wrap”: false,
“line_numbers”: true
}

Sublime is obeying the word wrap setting, but not line_numbers. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? I’m using beta build 2111.

Thanks.

0 Likes

You’ll also need to show the gutter, via adding “gutter”: true to your distraction free settings

0 Likes

I had te same problem than zeedunk (on ST3 for mac) and your solution jps works fine! Your answer is 2011 ans we are 2017. Some things doesn’t change! But I have a question : why this behavior? Are the numbers considered a gutter?
Regards,
PB

0 Likes

The area that the line numbers are displayed in is called the gutter. It’s also used to show things like arrows that tell you where you can fold and unfold text, bookmarks and so on.

Turning on options to show things in the gutter (line numbers for example) doesn’t automatically show the gutter, so that you can temporarily turn it on and off without having to fiddle a bunch of other settings as well.

0 Likes