Sublime Forum

[bug] subl command opens two windows

Build 2119
OS X 10.7.1

When SublimeText is closed or when it is open with no project windows, the ‘subl .’ command will open my directory in a new project window as well as a blank project window behind it. ‘subl -a .’ does what i would assume to be the right thing by adding the current directory into either a brand new project window (if there are none) or the active project window

0 Likes

Confirmed for me as well.

Dev 2109
OS X 10.6.8

0 Likes

Same here.

Build 2111
OSX 10.6.8

0 Likes

Issue still exists

Build 2117
OS X 10.7.1

0 Likes

I happened to reboot for another reason, and tried opening subl-- and it worked properly. Then I quit ST2 and tried again, and it spawned 2 windows like everyone else in this thread experienced. So- is the issue at hand really ST2 not completely closing? Is there a stuck process, so when subl is activated, it opens an additional window and focuses on both? I looked using ps -A but didn’t see anything running. Is there a flag not set or something that lets ST2 know that is has truly closed?

0 Likes

Confirmed for me as well, 10.6.8. Glad to see I’m not the only one.

0 Likes

I have this problem too subl cmd line and QuickSilver / Finder

0 Likes

I have this same problem however it varies the number of untitled windows. My system will produce this error from e subl command line as well as when launched from finder or QuickSilver app launcher… I wish ST2 would have a open in Project mode and a single window when called to just edit a file as the case from the command line.

-dale

0 Likes

bump

guess I could set up an alias to handle this

0 Likes

This is still a problem with the latest beta. Build 2126, Mac OS X 10.7.1.

0 Likes

I may have found the problem. If I use OS X super(cmd)+w to close a window or super+q to quit it seems to unbalance ST2 window tracking(speculation) from that point on until I quit ST2 and restart. I found in the key mappings file that there is/are specific ST2 functions for closing the window super+shift+w It seem if I use this key mapped function all goes as expected and no random untitled windows. Try it for you self.

0 Likes

You are using Sublime’s save last session feature.

You can disable it:

opensourcehacker.com/2012/05/11/ … st_session

0 Likes